Daily Memory Sketches

It was when I started doing memory sketches that I developed a much greater understanding and appreciation for the little things in life, and from that my interest in contemporary genre -- everyday life.

A memory-sketch is just what it sounds like. Draw from memory something you've observed within the last two-four hours. It's got to have people in it, and show what's going on around them. Draw quickly and easily, 20-minutes or so, no preliminary drawing and no touch-ups. Sometimes you see something really good, but often there's nothing but the little things.

The original sketches are bound in sketch books. I have a shelf-full. High quality 12" X 9" art prints are available for $150 each.


Many of my memory sketches can be seen here http://www.richardrudnicki.blogspot.ca

A selection with a bicycling theme....